Hardware and performance

Picture of roc mehra
Best accelerator for me

I am working on window with xamp with PHP 5.4 and moodle2.2 Which accelerator is best suitable for me.

Thanks in Advance.

(Changed the subject and moved to the "Windows-based servers" from the "Hardware and Performance" forum.
Edited by Visvanath Ratnaweera - original submission Thursday, 20 December 2012, 7:08 AM)

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Ray Morris
Re: Best accelerator for me
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

As of late 2012 / early 2013, Wincache was the best choice after we tried a couple of others.  With IIS on Windows.  It may well be best with Apache as well, since you're also on Windows.

That's likely to change in the future and the answer may be different in 2014.  We tried others first because they had been "better" in the past, for various definitions of "better".
All of them do basically the same thing - cache opcodes - so it largely comes down to which one you can get working reliably in your environment, and the hassle involved in doing so.  Unlike server operating systems where admins are accustomed to "./configure, make; install", Windows admins generally don't like compiling things, so the "best" choice is one they don't have to compile for your specific environment.

Picture of Visvanath Ratnaweera
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi

I'm sorry, I got stuck trying to move your post to a non-existing forum (details here https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=218412 ).

I'm glad that you got some response in this forum. The older performance related posts on Windows-based server are now in the "General problems" forum. You could try the '"Using Moodle" Advanced Search' mentioned in the introduction to search that forum for your keywords.

Picture of Visvanath Ratnaweera
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers
An informative discussion here: "PHP-accelerators for the Windows platform"https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=220695.