HP for tablets ?

HP for tablets ?

by Philippe Decloitre -
Number of replies: 15

Hello everyone,
I am a frequent user of Opale ("Cross-media" open source French Publishing Suite).
They include quizzes that are miles away (back) from from HP, BUT they are now usable on a tablet (it's essentially the drag-and-drop feature).

Could anyone reading this post, with some dev's knowledge, come up with the right hack to allow D&D on tablets with HP, even it it meant tweaking our Patates Chaudes core progamme?

Thanks for even thinking about it wink
Cheers

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Philippe Decloitre

Re: HP for tablets ?

by Stan Bogdanov -

Hi Philippe,

Could you post the url to an Opale quiz D&D that is usable on a tablet?

HotPotatoes quizes are usable on tablets. The drag'n'drop is a hardware issue on touchscreens, I presume.

Cheers

Stan

by Stan Bogdanov -

Hi Philippe,

I found this jQuery UI Touch Punch: http://touchpunch.furf.com/

and tested the examples and touch'n drag is working OK on:

• iPhone 5
  • Samsung Wave GT-S5250, version bada1.1.
  • Opera mobile on Akai with Android 2.2 .

It didn't work on Nokia N97 with Simbian latest in the native browser.

Can anyone report tests on other touchscreens?

Cheers

Stan

In reply to Stan Bogdanov

by Philippe Decloitre -

Hi Stan,

Thanks for the very intersting link.
If I may I would appreciate 2 things:

-Could you post a sample .html file made form jmatch or JQuiz for example? Just to see exactly where the lines go (the tutorial says "Include Touch Punch after jQuery UI and before its first use.", but i'm not exactly sure what is meant).

-Is there a way to have those lines systematically added to any new file created (xml or html) by tweaking the hp6.CS file?

Thanks again,

Philippe

by Philippe Decloitre -

Hello again,

I forgot to insert a link to a tablet-working exercise : heresmile

Tell me if it works for you...

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Philippe,

I have tested your "Tablet testing module" on the following environments and it works fine in all configurations. The only difference in the display is that the big navigation arrows are positioned at the bottom right when viewed on a computer screen and to the bottom left on my tablet.

HP Touchpad tablet.

1.- Original WebOS + original web browser

2.- Rooted to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) based on Cyanogenmod 9:

2a. Original Android browser

2b. Chrome browser

2c. Dolphin browser

Screenshot taken when using Original WebOS system (reduced to 75%):

screenshot #1

Note.- When drag&dropping a "label" from the source box on the left to a non-empty "container target" on the right, I would expect the label previously positioned in that container to return to the left source box. In other words, the target boxes should never be allowed to contain more than one element.  See below:

screenshot #2

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I tried on a Google Nexus 7 using Chrome browser and (although I accept I do not have very much experience with tablets so it might be mesmile) I had great difficulties getting the bottom one (yesterday I went to work) to STAY in the bottom section. Every time I tried it went up one - to "I am working". In the end I gave up. I agree with Joseph that you shouldn't see two answers in one box.

Nothing to do with the touch screen but (and again perhaps this is my misunderstanding) I'd have thought the translation of "cela fait 2 heures que je travaille!" would be "I've been working for 2 hours"?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Mary, I agree with your second comment - about the language. Actually I fail to see the point of the exercise, but I expect this is only a demo test, not a real one. At least I hope so.

Joseph (once a teacher, always a teacher) wink

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Philippe Decloitre -

Hello Mary,

you said: "Nothing to do with the touch screen but (and again perhaps this is my misunderstanding) I'd have thought the translation of "cela fait 2 heures que je travaille!" would be "I've been working for 2 hours"?"

And so it is!  Have you noticed anything wrong with the exercise's behavior in that regard?

Cheers

by Stan Bogdanov -

Hi Philippe,

I tested the Touchpunch demos on their website. I haven't made any actual HotPotatoes exercises.

I guess it'll be more than simply copy-pasting a few lines of code, and/or linking to a jQuery library.

Cheers

Stan

by Katie Stripe -

Hi Stan,

Do you have any suggestions for making jmatch activities work on a touch screen interface? Everything else works so nicely!

Katie

In reply to Katie Stripe

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Katie Stripe

by Stan Bogdanov -

Hi Katie,

I don't, sadly.

Stan

Re: HP JMIX for tablets Android Galaxy Samsung

by Francesca Giorgetti -

Hi, I made an exercise with Hp Jmix , and I insert it in Moodle.

When I work with my Pc, I can move the words and complete the exercise, while  with the tablet I can see the exercise but I cannot move anything. 

I insert the screenshot of my Jmix from tablet.

Thank you

Francesca

Attachment Screenshot_2013-03-28-20-32-43 (2).png
In reply to Francesca Giorgetti

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi Francesca,

I suggest you go over to the  Re: Jmatch on Ipad thread on the Hot Potatoes Users Group and see what Stan Bogdanov has been experimenting with over there in the last few days. He's made JMatch drag and drop, see: <http://ewbooks.info/touch/index.htm> and a JMix drag and drop here: http://ewbooks.info/touch/index1.htm

He's keen to have people test them on different mobile devices. Don't know if they'll work within Moodle.

Cheers,

Glenys

PS: Just remembered Stan's away in sunny Italy for a short break so you won't get his usual speedy response. He'll be back on the 5th of April.

In reply to Glenys Hanson

by Francesca Giorgetti -

Thanks. The first one jmatch doesn't work in the tablet, the jmix 
works but the buttons don't work. So I cannot check or restart.

My tablet is Galaxy Samsung Tab 2  10.1 Android.

Francesca