Moodle Media Player - Problem - No Playbar

Moodle Media Player - Problem - No Playbar

by Leigh Dragoon -
Number of replies: 0

I'm running a 2.3.1 installation of Moodle.  My clients have a number of pay-access videos they need to offer their students.  I've looked at various options, and it seems like the best is going to be to upload the videos into Moodledata and then embed them into a Book module.  These also have to be HTML5 videos.  So far step one has gone just fine - I uploaded an mp4 test video using the Moodle Media button.  I figured out how to specify the correct video sizing.

The only problem I'm having, and it has me pretty well stumped, is this: my video appears and plays, but in Firefox there is no playbar/player control.  It plays perfectly on the iPad, where it DOES have a playbar.  A playbar also appears in Chrome and IE8 (can't test IE9 currently).  It's only in Firefox that no playbar appears.

I really need to have a playbar.  What is the best way for me to add this?  Is there a way to do this through the style sheets?  I tried swapping out the moodle-produced code in the content box with html5 video tags, but it bleated about MIME types and refused to play the video at all.

I've made sure the multimedia filters are turned on.  Everything in Appearance > Media Embedding that needs to be turned on has been checked.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Average of ratings: -