html editor in moodle 2.4 not appear

html editor in moodle 2.4 not appear

by Van Tam Tran -
Number of replies: 6

Hi all,

I upgrade Moodle from version 2.3.3 to version 2.4 but html editor not appear . I don't insert images and audio !!! Help me !!!

This is a images

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Van Tam Tran

Re: html editor in moodle 2.4 not appear

by Rajeev Sathyadevan -

Hi,

I also had the same issue after upgrading 2.3 to 2.4.

Please send you access details and i can look into it.

gtalk:rsrajeev5

Regards

Rajeev 

In reply to Rajeev Sathyadevan

Re: html editor in moodle 2.4 not appear

by Tom Baker -

Has anyone found a fix to this?  I've read the FAQ and that's all good!  Mine looks a little different.  It's not blank but the icon's do not show up.  If you hover over the window, the tool tip's pop up and they work but it's not very helpful.

See for yourself - Thanks.

In reply to Rajeev Sathyadevan

Re: html editor in moodle 2.2 not appear

by Russ H -

Hi,

We are experiencing the same problem with a 2.2 installation.

It loads in IE9, but not Chrome or Firefox.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Russ

Here is a screenshot of what is happening for us:

In reply to Russ H

by Scott Korvek -

I am having the same issue.  I can get the editor to appear if I edit the contents of a course topic, but otherwise it does not.  It does not appear to matter what computer, browser, or user is trying to do this. I find nothing in my apache error logs.  The only error I see is in the web insepctor javascript console:  Reference issue: can't find variable YAHOO  for the yui_combo.php script called from editpage.php line 946

Y.extend(MARKINGTREENODE, YAHOO.widget.HTMLNode, {

I have tried purging all caches in the browsers and on my moodle installation and toggling where the YUI is loaded (local vs online) and it makes no difference. Obviously, my site settings are correct (editors on, ajax/javascript on, user prefers HTML editor, etc) because the editor appears on the topic editing page!

In reply to Scott Korvek

by Scott Korvek -

Fixed my problem- leaving this here for reference.

One of my plugins was behaving badly and killing YUI for the whole site. The error above cmae from the AJAX marking block.  It has been patched, and pulling the patches from the git repository fixed the problem (as did removing the block from the page in the first place).

In reply to Russ H

by Andrew C -

Hi Russ H,

Did you get this working?

Thanks,

Andrew