Expired students not unenrolling

Expired students not unenrolling

by Timothy Lowe -
Number of replies: 5

Hello All,

I have set up a course, where students can enrol themselves (self enrolment) using an enrolment key. Because of the requirements of my organisation, the students expire after 14 days and if they want to continue using the course they need to enrol again.

Unfortunately they are not able to enrol again. It seems that their enrolment is expiring after 14 days, so they can't access the course, but they are not being automatically also removed from the list of enrolled users.

Basically their access has expired, but they are still listed as students enrolled on the course so they can't enrol again. I am not sure if I have explained this very well (I am new to Moodle) 

At the monet the only solution I have found is to manually unenrol users, whose enrolment has expired, but this isn't very practical in the longterm.

Does anyone have any advice?

Many thanks

Tim

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Timothy Lowe

Re: Expired students not unenrolling

by Olja Petrovic -

Which version of Moodle are you using?

Moodle 2.4 has a way of configuring what happens when manual enrollment expires.

MDL-35062MDL-35063 - New configurable expiration action in self and manual enrolment plugins.

http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_2.4_release_notes

Are you using 2.4 or planning to upgrade to it?

If not, we can explore other options.

Good luck.

In the meantime, bulk manual unenrollment might speed you up.

Check out this page

http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Unenrolment#Bulk_unenrolment

and the screencast

http://www.screencast.com/t/XtPhA6w2SM

In reply to Olja Petrovic

by Doug Bell -

Hello,

This was first reported as an issue with Paypal enrolled students. After reviewing, I discovered it was with all types of enrollments. As of now - the only way to do it is manual unenrollment. Please look at tracker Post:

If you read part way down you will see my post about it affecting all enrollments. This is a known issue, and if you would like it fixed, please vote for the post above so we can all get the functionality we need.

Thanks

Doug

In reply to Olja Petrovic

by Doug Bell -

Hello,

Hello Olja,

I was just reading some of the info at the links above. I did not see that 2.4 allows a setting to remove them from the course after there enrollment time expires. What am I missing? Is this feature in 2.4? In other words when a persons time expires in a course, they are not just unenrolled and not allowed into the course, they are removed so they can then reenroll if they would like.

I beleive that is what Timothy is asking. Is this feature in 2.4?

Thanks

Doug

In reply to Doug Bell

by Timothy Lowe -

Thank you,

I am glad this wasn't just me.

We were not planning to move to 2.4 yet, would this resolve the problem?

Many thanks

In reply to Timothy Lowe

by Doug Bell -

Its not just you. It is moodle wide. Lots of posts about it. Moodle 1.9 auto unenrolled like it should. Since then it does not allow access whn time expires, but keeps them in course so now they can not reenroll.

Thanks

Doug