Students can upload via TinyMCE even when not allowed

Students can upload via TinyMCE even when not allowed

by Brian Peat -
Number of replies: 0

I've run into a snag with the html editor. I want to offer it to students (and in fact, it seems that shutting it off for ONLY students seems to require a hack). The problem is, I can't seem to find a way to hide SOME of the buttons from JUST students. I don't want to shut off links or html for instructors and admins, but there's really no reason students in our school should be posting a url or uploading a photo.

In my attempt to lock things down I discovered, if a student types some text, selects it and creates a link, they get access to the file browser button. From there they can see the entire repository. Okay fine, I went into roles and denied almost everything from them...but if I disable their access to the file uploader, then in forums where we WANT them to attach a file, it breaks that.

So, if the uploader is on, and the html editor is on, but the forum is set to NOT allow attachments, a student can make a text link and click the file browers button and upload a file anyway. The same thing happens if they click the insert image button.

Is there some way to fix this? Ultimately I want to be able to edit the tinymce icons to show for one role and not another. 

If you've ever used JCE for Joomla, you'll see this kind of thing in action. You can save groups of settings and and completely customize all the settings, icons, etc. It's really flexible. I was hoping I'd find this in 2.4, but as far as I can tell, the icon settings are still global and not role based.

thanks!

Average of ratings: -