Issues in Uploading and Launching Captivate 6 Output to Moode 1.9

Issues in Uploading and Launching Captivate 6 Output to Moode 1.9

by Carlos Garces -
Number of replies: 3

Can you help me please? I've been trying to upload a Captivate 6 project to Moodle (using version 1.9) without much success. I found instructions for uploading an earlier Captivate 4 project that talks about specifying the "manifest" but I can't find the manifest button on Captivate 6. I'd appreciate it if you can give me some advice on how to upload. 

This is what I did: 

1. In captivate, I set the quiz properties to SCORM 1.2

2. I set the identifier to "lmsmanifest" (I read that in an earlier write-up on Captivate 4 to set the identifier to lmsmanifest)

3. I published as both a SWF and HTML5 file

4. I output this as a zipped file

5. I uploaded the zip file by adding a new activity - SCORM/AICC and unzipped it

6. After the file has uploaded 100%, I get the error message - A required parameter (id) was missing. I find this strange because if it's referring to the identifier - I had already input "lmsmanifest" as the identifier

7. By the way, I tried using a smaller file (about 2 MB) and that worked. This file that I'm trying to upload is 54 MB. 

Can you please help me by sharing with me how to correct the specified package / manifest so that this captivate 6 project will run correctly on my moodle 1.9*?

Thanks in anticipation of your help and kind regards. 

Carlos

PS a screen shot of the error message is attached

PS I would really like to upgrade to moodle 2.3 but my hosting server 's PHP version is 5.2.9 which I think supports only up to 1.9. Do you know of any other hosting sites that will allow me to use moodle 2.3 please? Thanks! 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carlos Garces

Re: Issues in Uploading and Launching Captivate 6 Output to Moode 1.9

by Ryan Marshall -

I use Captivate 6 to produce my elearning packages. An we Run Moodle 1.9.xxx.

To get things to work we...

Don't publish the files with both SWF and HTML5. I had issues when I tried to publish the files with HTML5, do I dropped it.

I also upload the SCORM files in a folder (unzipped) into theclass files in Moodle. Then I set up the classes.

Hope that helps

Ryan

In reply to Ryan Marshall

by Patricia Celidon -

Is there a way we can upload an HTML5 file without having to use SCORM?

Thanks

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Patricia Celidon

by amaan rana -

Have you come across a solution so you don't have to use scorm?