Authentication

LDAP authentication Allow to login with @domain.com

Picture of A. N.
LDAP authentication Allow to login with @domain.com

Hi,

I have set up LDAP authentication with MS-AD and it works fine. I am using SAMAccount name for login field.

We would like to make it easier to users to login by letting them specify SAMAccountName in the field or SAMAccountName@domain.com

Is there a way to achieve that in moodle? As far as I understand how this can be achieved - moodle should use the SAMAccountName part of username@domain.com and drop the @ symbol and everything that follows it when checking credentials.

Or even easier to specify alternative AD attribute for authentication for example UPN (just how you can specify UPN or SAMAccountName when logging to your domain computer)

We would like this functionality because of multiple systems we have and users get confused where which username to use. (for example username@domain.com for exchange, username for moodle etc.)

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Andranik Sharabchian
Re: LDAP authentication Allow to login with @domain.com

Hi,

I'm not sure if it can help you, but you can try to do this:

Find the field (or create if it doesn't exist) with value SAMAccountName@domain.com in your AD (I think it may be the field "userPrincipalName") . Then use that field fir your Moodle login field instead of SAMAccountName.

Tell me if it helps.

Picture of A. N.

It might work, but I'm afraid that we have some users where their UPN is different from SAMAccountName and they are already registered in moodle, wouldn't this criple their ability to logon?

Picture of Andranik Sharabchian

Now I understood your problem. If user is already registered, after he log into system after changing configuration, he must be registered the second time. I don't think that the problem can be solved in Moodle. Sorry, but I don't know any method. sad

May be you can solve the problem externally?

Head
Group Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Could you not just make exchange log in with only the SAMAccountName instead?