Autolink first instance only

Autolink first instance only

Justina Torres -
Кількість відповідей: 6

Hi Everyone,

We're running version 2.3.1.  In our old Moodle 1.9 install, Moodle would only autolink the first instance of a glossary entry on a page in a course.  Now in Moodle 2.3 it links to every instance on a course page instead of just the first one.  Is there a setting in 2.3 that allows you to to limit the number of instances that a single glossary entry autolinks to on a page?

Thanks!

У відповідь на Justina Torres

Re: Autolink first instance only

Helen Foster -
Фото Core developers Фото Documentation writers Фото Moodle HQ Фото Particularly helpful Moodlers Фото Plugin developers Фото Testers Фото Translators

Hi Justina,

To stop the linking of every instance, you can enable either 'Filter match once per page' or 'Filter match once per text' in Settings > Site administration > Filters > Common filter settings.

У відповідь на Helen Foster

Justina Torres -

Thanks so much, Helen and Joseph.  FYI I couldn't find this in the Docs for glossary.  Could this be added for the next person wondering?

У відповідь на Justina Torres

Helen Foster -
Фото Core developers Фото Documentation writers Фото Moodle HQ Фото Particularly helpful Moodlers Фото Plugin developers Фото Testers Фото Translators

Thanks Justina for your suggestion. I've added 'How can I make glossary entries auto-link to the first instance on a page ONLY?' to the Glossary FAQ, with the correct location of the common filter settings, thanks to Joseph. усміхаюсь

У відповідь на Helen Foster

JoAnne Noël -

I know this is an old thread...

Wondering if anyone can confirm that changing this setting would change it for all glossaries and courses site-wide?  Can it be done on a per-course basis?