Autolink first instance only

Autolink first instance only

by Justina Torres -
အကြောင်းပြန်မှု အရေအတွက်: 6

Hi Everyone,

We're running version 2.3.1.  In our old Moodle 1.9 install, Moodle would only autolink the first instance of a glossary entry on a page in a course.  Now in Moodle 2.3 it links to every instance on a course page instead of just the first one.  Is there a setting in 2.3 that allows you to to limit the number of instances that a single glossary entry autolinks to on a page?

Thanks!

ပျှမ်းမျှအဆင့်သတ်မှတ်ချက်များ: -
Justina Torres ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

Re: Autolink first instance only

by Helen Foster -
Core developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Documentation writers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Moodle HQ ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Particularly helpful Moodlers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Plugin developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Testers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Translators ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ

Hi Justina,

To stop the linking of every instance, you can enable either 'Filter match once per page' or 'Filter match once per text' in Settings > Site administration > Filters > Common filter settings.

Helen Foster ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

by Joseph Rézeau -
Core developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Particularly helpful Moodlers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Plugin developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Testers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Translators ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ

Site administration ► Plugins ► Filters ► Common filter settings

by Justina Torres -

Thanks so much, Helen and Joseph.  FYI I couldn't find this in the Docs for glossary.  Could this be added for the next person wondering?

Justina Torres ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

by Helen Foster -
Core developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Documentation writers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Moodle HQ ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Particularly helpful Moodlers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Plugin developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Testers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Translators ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ

Thanks Justina for your suggestion. I've added 'How can I make glossary entries auto-link to the first instance on a page ONLY?' to the Glossary FAQ, with the correct location of the common filter settings, thanks to Joseph. ပြုံး

by JoAnne Noël -

I know this is an old thread...

Wondering if anyone can confirm that changing this setting would change it for all glossaries and courses site-wide?  Can it be done on a per-course basis?

JoAnne Noël ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

by JoAnne Noël -

Looks like I have my answer from a different thread, and the answer is yes, it's a global setting. Tks.