Autolink first instance only

Autolink first instance only

by Justina Torres -
Number of replies: 6

Hi Everyone,

We're running version 2.3.1.  In our old Moodle 1.9 install, Moodle would only autolink the first instance of a glossary entry on a page in a course.  Now in Moodle 2.3 it links to every instance on a course page instead of just the first one.  Is there a setting in 2.3 that allows you to to limit the number of instances that a single glossary entry autolinks to on a page?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Justina Torres

Re: Autolink first instance only

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Justina,

To stop the linking of every instance, you can enable either 'Filter match once per page' or 'Filter match once per text' in Settings > Site administration > Filters > Common filter settings.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Site administration ► Plugins ► Filters ► Common filter settings

In reply to Helen Foster

by Justina Torres -

Thanks so much, Helen and Joseph.  FYI I couldn't find this in the Docs for glossary.  Could this be added for the next person wondering?

In reply to Justina Torres

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Justina for your suggestion. I've added 'How can I make glossary entries auto-link to the first instance on a page ONLY?' to the Glossary FAQ, with the correct location of the common filter settings, thanks to Joseph. smile

In reply to Helen Foster

by JoAnne Noël -

I know this is an old thread...

Wondering if anyone can confirm that changing this setting would change it for all glossaries and courses site-wide?  Can it be done on a per-course basis?

In reply to JoAnne Noël

by JoAnne Noël -

Looks like I have my answer from a different thread, and the answer is yes, it's a global setting. Tks.