Installed but something's not right..

Installed but something's not right..

by David Annable -
Number of replies: 2

Well, first of all we actually have a working installation of Moodle 2.3.3+, SQL Server, IIS7. I am using Windows 7 and IE8.

However, I am not too sure that all has gone well...

1) As I have raised in an earlier posting in the Genearal Problems section, embedded sound files (.mp3) play for three seconds and that's it.
2) Drag and drop doesn't work.
3) Firefox just won't connect and Google Chrome isn't happy (login - back to IIS7 splash screen - but system knows user is logged in)

This is after a week of playing so there may well be other things as yet undiscovered. Any ideas??

Many thanks

David.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Annable

Re: Installed but something's not right..

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

What are the logs saying? Go to Site Administration > Reports > Logs and create a report. If it is telling you not a lot, go to Site Administration > Development > Debugging  and change Debug Messages to "ALL:... " Do the things you are having an issue with and then go back to the Logs and check the responses. Make sure you reset the Debug Messages to "NORMAL:..." afterward. 

I would suggest that there might be an issue here with PHP in the IIS environment - that is the most frequent cause of errors, fastcgi.dll is not installed or configured properly. I understand the config in IIS7 has changed a little from earlier versions, but as we no longer use IIS, but gone to a LAMP and a WAMP, no problems have been reported to me about Moodle not working properly...  

In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: Installed but something's not right..

by David Annable -

Thank you Colin, we'll give that a whirl and see where we get.