errors in moodle 24

errors in moodle 24

by Roland Hauck -
Number of replies: 2

Hi to everyone,

there are some strange effects using lessons.

1) I tried to change my role from admin to student intending to test my lesson. Result: fatal php error about timing (ok, catched) and another fatal error about availibilty of said lesson, also catched.
I could test the lesson if it is online. That doesn't make sense: testing for production must be offline for students.

2) may be I'm wrong: adding up the points given in questions is not correct. For example: 2 questions, both 1 --> shown is plus 1 to students

3) There is no hint to the total amount auf points, this may be related to 2)

4) some times there is a HTML editor, some times not. Page layout follows the same rules: after 2-3 times editing there is a paragraph i.e. <p> visible in the output, otherwise answers will stick directly to the checkbox.

5) the advance shown in lessons to students doesn't make any sense for me. Starting with 28% on sheet 1/20? Going to 33% on sheet 2 ??

6) no more Regular Expressions at all. Good, doesn't work in 2.3.

Maybe I'm just a bit spoiled by the excellent work in quiz / tests.

Can anybody help?

Roland

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roland Hauck

Re: errors in moodle 24

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Roland,

Before reporting those problems in the Moodle bug tracker I suggest that you clarify your questions as I find them rather confused.

Please create one new post per question (as is the general rule in forums). For each of your questions, please provide a clear, detailed scenario so that we can clearly understand your problem. Give concrete examples and if possible screenshots.

You wrote "4) some times there is a HTML editor, some times not." Well, there is nothing we can do about it if you do not first of all find out in what circumstances you have a different behaviour.

We are very willing to help but we cannot "guess" your situation. You have to explain. For me (and I suppose for most moodle users) the Lesson activity works fine in Moodle 2.4. If it does not work for you, you have to prove your case.

Joseph