Resource types

Printing a Page Resource

me
Printing a Page Resource

I have created some tutorials, for which I used the Page resource, and set them to open as pop-ups.  My teachers would like to print them out, but only get the first "page" of the tutorial, and then a couple of blank pages.

What must I do to my Page resources to make them totally printable?

I've tried to save the tutorials as PDFs, and then print those....but the tutorials don't even completely save into PDF form...only the first page converts to PDF.

Is there a relatively simple fix for making my Page resources in 2.3 printable in their entirety?  Am I missing a simple admin setting somewhere?

Thanks!

Jim Murray

Average of ratings: -
Just wondering . . .
Re: Printing a Page Resource
Particularly helpful Moodlers

@Jim, What version of Moodle?

Have you checked out the behaviour on the demo site at Moodle.org?

-Derek

me

Derek - we're using 2.3.  I'm not sure what you mean by checking out the behavior on the demo site.

Thanks!

Jim Murray

Picture of Anne Wignall

I don't have any experience with Pages, but the behaviour you describe sounds as though each 'page' of your resource is read by the browser as a separate html page, meaning that when it is asked to print, only the one page is printed.

Why not simply copy and paste all your separate pages into a single Word (etc) document or pdf, then put a link to that file on each of your pages with some sort of 'print all' title on it?

Anne

me

Anne - thanks for your suggestion.  My Page activity is a single document consisting of screenshots and text; as a Page activity it is scrollable, just like a webpage.  I prefer using the Page activity rather than a link to a document, because I don't have to store a document in Moodle for reference, and it is much quicker to have it open in a Page popup than going through the "what do you want to do with this?" dialogue box.

I think you're right, though, that the Page is operating like an HTML page, and only printing the "first" section.  How to get it to print the entire thing is my question, I guess.

For example, in the Questionnaire activity, I can print out an entire questionnaire, covering several pages.  But the Questionnaire activity has a little "print icon" in the corner.....whereas my Page activity doesn't.

Thanks!

Jim Murray