Quiz

Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Re: Each Attempt Builds on the Last behavior
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Rather than using each attempt builds on last, and alternative is to add one Hint to each question, and then use the 'Interactive with multiple tries' option for 'How questions behave'.

a) no this is not currently possible, but this feature has been requested before, so there is a tracker issue you can vote for.

b) the each attempt builds on last feature was added remarkably early in teh quiz's history (August 2003, http://docs.moodle.org/dev/History_of_the_Moodle_quiz_and_question_bank). That was before my time. 

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Ric Messier

Thanks, Tim. They want the kids to be able to justify their answers if they change them in the second attempt -- the writing and justification helps ingrain the learning. Interactive is good but ideally there would be a way to make notes on a question on top of that. They may need to rethink how they give tests or go back to paper. I'll work on how they could implement the interactive feature, though. 

Ric

Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

I don't understand how the each attempt builds on last option lets students jsutify their answer if they change it either.