General help

Picture of Rahul Meka
can we customize moodle signup.php to have other fields

I want to add a multiple dynamic dropdown to signup.php wherein the student would be selecting the county(which would have all the countries) then second dropdown to select states(which would have all the states of that selected country).

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
moi!!! it is what is is...
Re: can we customize moodle signup.php to have other fields
Group Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

You can do that, but think about this... the US has 51 states, England has mumbledy counties, India has how many states, China? Switzerland cantons? Japan, ??? prefectures, Paris  arrondissements,and France- regions?  Idea slike this can sound great, but the effort to make them work is far too great, you will get monstered by it. Worse, if you get it wrong, they will not forgive you.. trust me on that one.

However, if you insist, you might start by placing this question in the General Developers Forum, you ar elikely to get a better answer there...

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Marcus Green
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

I can confirm Colins count of Englands counties. I was born in Worcestershire, then I lived in Hereford and Worcestershire, and then in Worcestershire. All the while in the same house. I now live in York, which has its own Local council, but I am probably for administrative purposes in North Yorkshire, or some kind of riding that requires no horse. Don't get me started on Salop....

Me and da boys!

The 50 states, one district (DC), 4 Unincorporated organized territories and  various Unincorporated Unorganized territories that are unpopulated.

Pragnesh Karia

Same problem here.

Even i want to add dependable dropdowns in signup form of moodle.

e.g : Depend on one dropdown , other dropdown valuses filter from database.

Consider the case of category and sub category for this example.

Moodle does have option to add optional fields but not depependable dropdowns.

sad

1. Can we do it via ajax?
  2. Any alternative way to achive this?
  3. Is this possible , to add custom functionality in moodle for registration form?
    i.e custom page in root folder of moodle , which will interact with moodle core database directly and send confirmation email to user , so that he can access moodle pages.

Please provide some guidance if someone has implemented this.

This will we much appreciated.

Pragnesh Karia

I have found one link that might help.

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=119161&parent=522411

Need to check it by implementing it.