Journal Entries. See students and other teachers, administrators

Journal Entries. See students and other teachers, administrators

per Wendy Kurenda,
Number of replies: 3

I am using Moodle version 2.0.  When I view the submitted journal entries, there are blank entries for other teachers and administrators.  These teachers and administrators are within the school I work in, but are not assigned a role in my course.  I tried using the 'prohibit' permissions function as well and this does nothing.  Is there a way to view only the journal submitted by individuals assigned a student role?  This was not an issue in the last version of moodle.

Average of ratings  -
In reply to Wendy Kurenda

Re: Journal Entries. See students and other teachers, administrators

per David Monllaó,

Hi Wendy,

Since journal 1.3 (Build: 2012041900) release, by default, students, teachers and editing teachers can add entries, before this release also managers could add entries. This is managed by the 'mod/journal:addentries' capability, if you only want users enroled as students to add journal entries you can edit the course permissions or change them at system level.

Average of ratings Useful (1)
In reply to David Monllaó

per Megan Murphy,

How do you edit the course permission? I have a student2 role which is exactly like the normal student role except they can't moodle message and I want it to be able to add entries in courses they are enrolled in...but they are currently appearing in EVERY course journal plugin.

In reply to Megan Murphy

per David Monllaó,

Hi Megan,

It is different to define a role than to assign users to it. You can define student2 role and add allow mod/journal:addentries capability for them, but continue assigning users to student2 role in courses, not at system (~= site) level.