adding files to a wiki

adding files to a wiki

by Beth Morin -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

My students have a wiki activity to collaborate but they cannot share files through it.  As the manager, I can upload files but they can only view what I upload.  The Moodle site states, "By default, the Teacher role can add and manage files to the Files tab, but the Student role can only view them. You could change this though with a permissions override to the Manage wiki files capability (mod/wiki:managefiles) in any particular wiki."  However, I cannot find any way to do this.  How can I give my students permission to add a file to their wiki?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Beth Morin

Re: adding files to a wiki

by John White -

Hi Beth,

I'm not a wiki expert, but if you want to make this change for ALL students across the whole site, you or the admin goes to:

Site administration->Users->Permissions->Define roles

Click the edit hand beside the Student role, search for wiki:managefiles and set this to ALLOW. But this will effect all students in all wikis.

If you want to do this for just one Wiki (much safer!), enter into the Wiki, in the Wiki administration block click 'Permissions', search there for wiki:managefiles, click the + sign under those who have this permssion and pick Student from the dropdown.

Regards, John