It has http://docs.moodle.org/19/en/LDAP_authentication and http://docs.moodle.org/19/en/LDAP_enrolment set. The speciality of this setup is that the subject teachers get a meta course of their own and they enroll "class courses" into their course as required.
After that many years we want to make a fresh start. This is the idea:
1. Make a copy of the present (1.9.14) code
2. Get the copy running as http://moodle.example.com/test19/ with a fresh database and moodledata.
3. Configure LDAP identical to the original
4. Execute auth/ldap/auth_ldap_sync_users.php and enrol/ldap/enrol_ldap_sync.php
5. Export/import the course contents from the original to the test site.
6. Once all is fine, swap the URLs.
Steps 1 - 4 all OK. Step 5 gives me "Some problems were detected when checking user data (Trying to restore user 'admin' from backup file will cause conflict, Trying to restore user 'firstname.surname' from backup file will cause conflict)", although I've backed up _without_ user data.
My first guess is that the Moodle's own user IDs don't match. I'm digging into it further, but would like to get feedback from the authentication group. Is my idea wrong? Is there a better way of achieving the same?