General help

Picture of Graham Paull
Fatal error: Call to undefined function coding_exception()

Hi All,

I have upgraded a Moodle 1.9 to 2.0, I managed to get everrything working as extected, I was able to log in, modify the home page and add users etc but when I logged out I got the following:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function coding_exception() in /home/holytrinity/public_html/lib/navigationlib.php on line 1391

The last thing I done before I got the error was add a load of images on the front page, these all link to courses etc, then I logged out.

Any ideas ?

Many thanks,

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Howard Miller
Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function coding_exception()
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Sounds rather like...

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-28167

As you are running a more-or-less unsupported Moodle version I would consider upgrading to something newer before doing much else.

Picture of Graham Paull

Hi Howard,

Thanks for the response.

I put the code in to upgrade to 2.1 but now I get the following : 

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Category path order is incorrect and/or there are missing categories

I cant get any further than that.

Also, I cannot upgrade any further than 2.1 as 2.2 and above will not work within the schools.

Thanks,

Picture of Howard Miller
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Mmm... if you do a search on that error you will see lots of tracker reports and forum posts. I didn't read them all but they do seem to relate to sites being upgraded from 1.9. I suspect the origin of your problems lie there.

Is this a test? Can you roll back? If you didn't, I would make sure you started from the very latest 1.9 and also verify that the database schema is correct (http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Verify_Database_Schema). This can cause all manner of oddness.

Picture of Graham Paull

Hi Howard,

Thanks for your help.

I found some links but they didnt help.

I am going to restore my backup and start this again.

Thanks again.

Graham