Getting under the hood of numeric scale calculations

Getting under the hood of numeric scale calculations

by Sia Samimi -
Number of replies: 4

Greetings. Now that I know how to create my own custom scale in a Workshop, is there a way to change the default values used for calculations? I have 5-scale system with poor, fair, good, great, outstanding. I want to give the marks of 20, 50, 80, 90 and 100, respectively, for example. Is this possible?

Cheers.

Sia

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sia Samimi

Re: Getting under the hood of numeric scale calculations

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You may want to try the Rubric grading strategy and display the rubric as a list (not a grid). Just make sure to read the docs about it to understand how the calculation works in this case.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Sia Samimi -

Thanks David. I have been reading and will try what you have suggested. The math seems complicated, but probably because I have not tried this before.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Sia Samimi -

Your suggestion and calculated grades work (enclosed).Thanks for sending me in the right direction. Now, the final hurdle.

I also want to provide a text box for feedback, as that is where the constructive suggestions will be. Any way to combine this with a text box?

Sia

Attachment A Rubric Sample.jpg
In reply to Sia Samimi

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Any way to combine this with a text box?

Unfortunately not yet. Please vote for MDL-27237.