RPC.ERROR 707 AND ERROR 6

RPC.ERROR 707 AND ERROR 6

by Alan Reynoso -
Number of replies: 2

Hi everybody, good morning!

I am trying to connect a moodle1 to moodle2 but i am getting this errors:

From moodle1 to moodle2

Ooops! Your MNET communication has failed! Here's that error message to pass on to your administrator: Unable to locate function, or function prohibited for RPC.ERROR 707:
707 : Unable to locate function, or function prohibited for RPC.

From Moodle 2 to Moodle 1

Ooops! Your MNET communication has failed! Here's that error message to pass on to your administrator: Time gap with Tri-Association (89 seconds) is greater than the permitted maximum of 15 secondsERROR 6:
6:Time gap with Tri-Association (89 seconds) is greater than the permitted maximum of 15 seconds

in moodle 1 currently we are using a SSO service called onelogin.

Maybe it is a very obvious problem, but i am not understanding very well the process.

Best regards.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alan Reynoso

Re: RPC.ERROR 707 AND ERROR 6

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Had a little experience with MNetting so the following is based upon experiences with CentOS, Moodle 1.9.x/2.x.x Metted.

Is php-xmlrpc installed?

php -m from command line will show modules for PHP.

Are users allow to 'roam' to another MNetted server?  Check authenticated user for setting to allow.

Also, both servers probably need to be set to use ntp (network time).  MNet is sensitive about the time gap.  Error mentions that the time difference between the two servers operating system time is tolerable only if 15 seconds or below ... not 89 seconds difference.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Re: RPC.ERROR 707 AND ERROR 6

by Alan Reynoso -

Hi Ken, thank you for your help, was the timestramp that solve de problem, best regards!!