Howto - using voluntary example assessment.

Howto - using voluntary example assessment.

by Gisela Hillenbrand -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers
  1. As a teacher create a workshop activity with "Use examples" checkbox marked and "Mode of examples assessment" set to VOLUNTARY
  2. As a teacher add an example submission (setup phase) and assess it.
  3. Login as student: No example submission is displayed, no assessment of the example submission made by the teacher is displayed, i.e. the student cannot assess the example.

What did I miss in the configuration to let the students see the example submission, its assessment and let the students assess it? In which phase of the workshop students can see and assess the example submission, if the mode ist set to voluntary?

Gisela

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gisela Hillenbrand

Re: Howto - using voluntary example assessment.

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If example submissions are voluntary, students can assess them in both submission phase and the assessment phase with no restriction. I just tested it at my machine and it works as expected - both with "Switch role to Student" and "Log in as ..." feature.

Is the "Use examples" feature enabled at the top of the workshop settings form? Are you sure you have the default role permissions set in the workshop context?

In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Howto - using voluntary example assessment.

by Gisela Hillenbrand -
Picture of Documentation writers

Thank you for the immediate answer, David.

The problem is solved: It has nothing to do with the workshop module (Imade the settings all as you suggested). It was the old IE I used for the student account. In Firefox everything works fine: both in the submission and the assessment phase and both with switching role and logging in with a student account.

Best regards,

Gisela