Semantic web

Re: Semantic web

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

+1 Howard.

And I would add that writing a PhD thesis or a master's degree is about doing your own research first of all, not about "sharing ideas".

As regards the topic of this discussion (the Semantic Web), Tim Berners-Lee originally expressed the vision of the Semantic Web as follows:
I have a dream for the Web [in which computers] become capable of analyzing all the data on the Web – the content, links, and transactions between people and computers. A "Semantic Web", which makes this possible, has yet to emerge, but when it does, the day-to-day mechanisms of trade, bureaucracy and our daily lives will be handled by machines talking to machines. The "intelligent agents" people have touted for ages will finally materialize. (from Wikipedia article)

Hm, "a dream" or a nightmare? "The "intelligent agents" people have touted for ages will finally materialize." I hope that will never happen (hopefully I'll be dead before it happens anyway).clown

Joseph