Imported quiz blocked

Imported quiz blocked

by Oksana Pas -
Number of replies: 5

I have imported grades to the course for a number of quizes, let's say quizes 1-12.  The columns in gradesbook changed the colour, import was successful.

But now when students try a quiz number 12, their grades do now show in the gradesbook. They can be seen on the quiz results page, but not in the gradesbook. Is it possible to fix it?

In reply to Oksana Pas

Re: Imported quiz blocked

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I think what is going on is this:

When the grades are imported, that 'locks' the grades in the gradebook, so they cannot be overwritten easily. That is why the grades change colour.

That is also why the grades cannot then be updated by the quiz module.

You can unlock the grades in the gradebook UI.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Oksana Pas -

Thanks for an idea, Tim!

I've seen the lock and it was open. Nevertheless I've tried to close and open it again, it did not help, unfortunately.

In reply to Oksana Pas

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I think you will find that the grades are overridden and locked that way. You need to go into each grade from the grade book interface and click on the edit icon. Then unselect the overridden icon and noe the quiz grades should update.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Oh yes. Overridden, not locked. Thanks Emma. Some aspects of how the gradebook work are just too complex.