Prohibit Teacher to make changes

Prohibit Teacher to make changes

by Elie D. -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

Is there a way to prevent the teacher to make any changes to a specific course at some point for example I want prohibit the teacher to make any changes after submitting the grades or ten days after the end of the course. Is this doable in Moodle?

Thank you,

Elie.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elie D.

Re: Prohibit Teacher to make changes

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

At that time, change them from being teachers to non-editing teachers, or something like that.

In reply to Elie D.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

At that time, change them from being teachers to non-editing teachers, or something like that.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Elie D. -

I know, I can manually change his role. But I'm asking if there a way to automate this and apply it to the whole system.

In reply to Elie D.

by Tim Hunt -

I don't think there is with just the standard Moodle tools.

However, it would not be very hard to write a plugin to automate this.

In fact, it occurs to me that you might be able to use the OU's workflow block to automate this: https://github.com/moodleou/moodle-block_workflow. However, given the current state of the publicly available documentation for this, it is a significant intellectual challenge to work out how. Sadly, I don't have time to write any more documentation now.

In reply to Elie D.

by David Sturrock -

We haven't quite automated it, but I have heard of others using a script. What we have done in 1.9 is create an archive category and altered teacher permissions within that category to essentially replicate non editing teacher And tweak a category theme to a different header colour. We then drop courses into this category or a sub category when we want them to become read only. Assume similar settings will be possible in 2.3+.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)