Groups and quizzes - teacher viewing

Groups and quizzes - teacher viewing

by Susan Miller-Curley -
Number of replies: 2

I have an assessment I developed for schools that is now piloting in several school districts.  I have one version of the quiz and I created one group for each school district, so I have about 10 groups.  I assigned a teacher in each school district to their specific group assuming that the teacher would only be able to view the quiz results in the group to which they below.  Wrong!  A teacher in one district can see results in other groups.  Big problem as confidentiality of student scores is essential. 

Ideas?  I have the group mode set to separate groups. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susan Miller-Curley

Re: Groups and quizzes - teacher viewing

by Rob Johnson -

We handle this by assigning teachers the non-editing teacher role, and removing the permission to view all groups.  I assume you would not want them editing you quiz settings and questions anyway.  That would be another reason to assing the non-editing role.

In reply to Rob Johnson

Re: Groups and quizzes - teacher viewing

by ben reynolds -

Right. Course Settings > Course Admin > users > permissions >filter "groups" >Access all groups > click red X next to Teacher.

The removes the ability to see any other groups.

Probably, wise to go to Course Settings > Course Admin > Edit settings > Groups > Group mode > Separate groups  and >Force group mode > Yes