External Rights Management

External Rights Management

by Jeffrey Parrish -
Number of replies: 0

I am in an evaluation process for moodle, and I have a question that I am having trouble finding an answer to:

Can moodle read an external source for access control information?  If we kept information about our user's subscriptions to courses in a central location, is there any way for moodle to read that information and restrict user access to courses specified in the central repository? 

Just as an examble, Amember is a program we have used with moodle as a kind of payment gateway and shopping cart for moodle courses.  When you buy one of our courses on amember, it will redirect you to moodle, and whithin moodle you will then have access to the course you purchased.

Trouble is the relationship is one-to-one, with Amember you have to have one amember instance to one moodle site, we would like to centralize our user information in a single silo, and for our many moodle sites to read from that one centralized location.

Does anyone have experience using or maintaining systems like this?

tl;dr - looking for a way to store user rights in a single location and have many moodle instances base their user information on that single location.

thanks in advance for the help!

Average of ratings: -