FACEBOOK COMMENT BOX? or MOODLE DISCUSSION method?

FACEBOOK COMMENT BOX? or MOODLE DISCUSSION method?

by Tobias Sopu -
Number of replies: 3

Dear moodlers,

I am doing a research on whether I use facebook comment box in moodle or just use the moodle discussion forum module for online discussion. I wish to learn from you and your feedback. You may find the moodle site at http://tongahai.e-tongalink.com and the course is Computer Study - Term 4, 

I have 2 moodle module discussion, 1) Login Success - Self Introduction (Introduction block) and 2) Discussion 1 (week 1)

and 1 facebook comment box discussion 1) Discussion 2 - Facebook Discussion (week 2)

Please log in and reply to my post as your feedback. I really need your feedback and evaluation as moodle experts. 

username : student   

password : Student@hicc2012

- For academic and research purposes use only

regards

Tobias

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tobias Sopu

Re: FACEBOOK COMMENT BOX? or MOODLE DISCUSSION method?

by Tobias Sopu -

Really  NEED YOUR FEEDBACK Please.

In reply to Tobias Sopu

by Phillip Wong -

Feedback: Yeah, it looks good. I'm not sure what else to say about it. What questions did you have in mind in your research?

I think the real question is do the students like it?

*like* for the Tonga high school

I was so impressed with your implimentation that I have decided to go and stick it on my own site. I realise that it's actually a pretty  easy thing to do as Facebook includes all the code to cut and paste. 

I'm in the really REALLY early stages of development for my site, so there's not much to see at this stage. 

http://www.thecorpgame.com.au/

-Phillip Wong

In reply to Phillip Wong

by Tobias Sopu -

Thank you for your comment Phillip and sorry for taking so long to reply. I have a few things that facebook has that are able to engage students in the discussion. It seems like students in high school (senior students using moodle for the first time) even though its a online collaboration but students still answer one on one on the forum. Using facebook mention is very effection where if a students reply to a teacher and mention other students name, they will be notified through facebook and email......There comments can also post to facebook for feedback from people on facebook (if necessary) she can mention an educator who are friends on facebook and that person can reply from facebook but still appear on Moodle....

I will keep doing this if this will benefit the students ....please keep in touch....

Tobias