ILP block (add-on)

Picture of Nick Gault
Install questions

I  have installed the module on our development server (2.3.3) and can access the ILP block settings. 

However, I am not seeing any place to set targets etc. I presume that I need to install the student info block. Could anyone direct me to a download for this?

I am also seeing the following in debugging messages:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/websites/moodledev/blocks/ilp/classes/ilp_formslib.class.php on line 45

Invalid page layout specified: ilp
  • line 1161 of /lib/outputlib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 1225 of /lib/outputlib.php: call to theme_config->layout_info_for_page()
  • line 1442 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to theme_config->setup_blocks()
  • line 1444 of /lib/setuplib.php: call to moodle_page->initialise_theme_and_output()
  • line 2 of /blocks/ilp/views/edit_report_configuration.html: call to bootstrap_renderer->__call()
  • line 2 of /blocks/ilp/views/edit_report_configuration.html: call to bootstrap_renderer->header()
  • line 87 of /blocks/ilp/actions/edit_report_configuration.php: call to require_once()
  • line 1178 of /lib/outputlib.php: call to theme_config->layout_info_for_page()
  • line 713 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to theme_config->layout_file()
  • line ? of unknownfile: call to core_renderer->header()
  • line 1445 of /lib/setuplib.php: call to call_user_func_array()
  • line 2 of /blocks/ilp/views/edit_report_configuration.html: call to bootstrap_renderer->__call()
  • line 2 of /blocks/ilp/views/edit_report_configuration.html: call to bootstrap_renderer->header()
  • line 87 of /blocks/ilp/actions/edit_report_configuration.php: call to require_once()
  • line 1210 of /lib/outputlib.php: call to theme_config->layout_info_for_page()
  • line 500 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to theme_config->pagelayout_options()
  • line 732 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to moodle_page->magic_get_layout_options()
  • line 4 of /theme/base/layout/general.php: call to moodle_page->__get()
  • line 768 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to include()
  • line 715 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->render_page_layout()
  • line ? of unknownfile: call to core_renderer->header()
  • line 1445 of /lib/setuplib.php: call to call_user_func_array()

Deprecated: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /var/websites/moodledev/blocks/ilp/classes/plugins/ilp_graph_plugin.class.php on line 95 Deprecated: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /var/websites/moodledev/blocks/ilp/plugins/graph/ilp_graph_plugin_line.php on line 207 Deprecated: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /var/websites/moodledev/blocks/ilp/plugins/graph/ilp_graph_plugin_radar.php on line 200

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how what is missing here?

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Scott Karren
Re: Install questions
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Nick

I can't tell you much about your first question as I am using an older version of the ILP module.

With regards to the errors that you are getting,passing a variable by reference has been deprecated in PHP 5.3.X and has been removed from 5.4.x so that is why you are getting those messages.  I am not a developer but I am assuming that this is something that the developers will need to fix to allow people with newer versions PHP to use the ILP module. Here is some information on it specifically http://php.net/manual/en/language.references.pass.php 

HTH

Scott

Picture of Nick Gault

Thanks for the info Scott. We are running php version is 5.3.5 which I presume is going to be a problem with this module.

Picture of Richard Cackett

Hi Nick

I also have encountered the exact debug error message. Moodle 2.3.3 will run on PHP 5.3.2 Would downgrading the PHP version possible fix the problem?

In anticipation...

Regards

Richard

Picture of Nigel Daley

Hi Nick

The 2.0 version of the ILP works differently from the 1.9 version.

Reports (targets, subject reviews) are now created by the a moodle admin. This gives you the flexibility to create reports with whatever form elements you want in them. In order to create a target report, subject review etc you should visit site administration -> plugins -> blocks -> ilp block and click report configuration. This will take you to a screen where you can create reports with the elements you need in them (basically a form creator).

We (ULCC) are aware of the issue that you have pointed out and will be shortly starting work on an update to fix this and other issues that have been identified.

I hope that helps

Nigel

Picture of John White

Hi Nigel & all,

For completeness, I think your original issue over 'layouts' is answered here...

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=202273#p883308

Whether that fixes the deprecation is another matter.

Regards,

John