How can we give a single certificate for completing a set of courses in moodle?

How can we give a single certificate for completing a set of courses in moodle?

by Sourav Mukherjee -
Number of replies: 5

How can we give a single certificate for completing a set of courses in moodle? I am using moodle 2.09.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sourav Mukherjee

Re: How can we give a single certificate for completing a set of courses in moodle?

by Stuart Mealor -

Hi Sourav

OK, so let me assume that these Courses must be taken in order, and completed before the next is started.

So, if your Students complete three courses: Course1, Course2, and Course3, you can setup the Certificate module at the end of Course3 smile

Stu

In reply to Stuart Mealor

Re: How can we give a single certificate for completing a set of courses in moodle?

by Peter Bowen -

Hey Guys,

I have been putting thought into an overall certificate, which shows all courses that the person has passed.

I have tried the following - the SQL command pulls our the course which the person has completed, but it isn't displaying for some reason. (This is placed in an existing certificate)

$k=0;
 $results1 = $DB->get_records_sql('
  select c.fullname
  FROM mdl_user AS u
  INNER JOIN mdl_course_completions AS cc
  ON u.id=cc.userid
  INNER JOIN mdl_course AS c
  ON c.id=cc.course
  WHERE cc.timecompleted<>"" and cc.userid = ?', array($user->id));
  foreach ($results1 as $results) {
   $k++;
   certificate_print_text($pdf, $x, $y + 88 + ($k * 5), 'C', 'Helvetica', '', 12, fullname($results));
  }

Cheers

Peter

In reply to Stuart Mealor

by Sourav Mukherjee -

HI Stuart,

Actually the courses are concurrent courses, course 1, course 2 and course 3 starts and ends more or less at the same time. a student may take 2-3 courses and apart from the certificate for each course I want to give them a certificate for all these 3 courses they are taking.

Thanks.

by Stuart Mealor -

Hmmm

In this case you could probably use a 4th course, which has nothing but a 'final' Certificate.

You could then issue a key after completion of each Course (maybe based on a Quiz with a code in the Feedback?), which builds to the enroment key for the final (certificate) course.

Course 1: 123
Course 2: XYZ
Course 3: *@$

Then set the ernolment key to 4th Course as 123XYZ*@$

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Peter Bowen -

Hi Sourav,

I have had this as one of my tasks here - to have a certificate which lists every course which a student has completed. Here is my work in progress. The only unanswered question at this stage is - what happens if it runs over to multiple pages.... I will update if / when I tackle that issue.

To use - simply create a new directory under mod\certificate\type - called what you want it referenced as. Place this file in the directory, and you will have a new certificate type based on the directory name.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Peter