Course registration and face to face

Course registration and face to face

by Tony Jalali -
Number of replies: 6

I am running moodle 2.2 (and/or Totara 2.2). I want to use face-to-face plug-in activity to allow students to sign-up for a course (without forcing them to register for the course first). I can set "Allow Guest" access to YES without any password. It works fine, except that I have to manually register students who have signed-up for a session!!!!

Am I doing something wrong here?

1). How can I use the attendee, or issue a certificate, etc., if students are nor registered in the class (except they have signed-up for a session, among many)?

2). Is there a way to automate the registration with face-to-face activity? (that is not to manually register students. Obviously, I do not want to register students automatically, unless they have signed-up for a session)

3). Is it possible to use face-to-face for registration purposes? It is designed very well to handle sign-up, waiting list, notification, manager approval, cancellation, etc. But, it is designed for activity within the course). I am not sure I am using it correctly? 

4). Is it possible to create a single course and add multiple sign-up sessions (which I have done it without any problem), but be able to generate a report based on number of people signed-up for a session only? For instance, if I am offering the same course every month from Jan - Dec, then how can I handle registered students per month (I can see them in face-to-face).

I sincerely appreciate for any help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tony Jalali

Re: Course registration and face to face

by Jenna Pitcher -

Tony,

You might take a look at the Auto-Enrol plugin, which does away with the "enrol me" button, making the course registration/enrolment transparent to the user.  The only drawback is that students can not be unenrolled without deleting the plugin.

Jenna 

In reply to Jenna Pitcher

by Tony Jalali -

Thank you. I do not have an issue with "enrol me". That is I do not want student to be enrolled in the coirse unless they select one of the session (in face-to-face). In other words, I do not want student who clicks on the course to be auto-enrolled either, unless a session is selected and confirmed (not waitlisted). The face-to-face plug-in works like a charm, but requires student to be enrolled. 

I only want to enroll those who have signed up (confirmed) and not in waiting list. Is that possible with auto-enroll as you have have suggested?

In reply to Tony Jalali

by Jeremy Schweitzer -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Unfortunately, with the way that Moodle is structured what you want probably isn't possible. Most activities will require the user to be enrolled before they can do anything, including signing up for a face-to-face session. The autoenrol plugin will make that transparent (which is what we do now) and if you really want to you could manually unenrol everyone after the session so that only people that actually attended have ongoing access.

Is there a reason that you don't want extra people enrolled in the course? 

In reply to Tony Jalali

by Stephanie Powell -

I, too, am interested in the same questions that Tony has posted above...Especially # 4.  

4). Is it possible to create a single course and add multiple sign-up sessions (which I have done it without any problem), but be able to generate a report based on number of people signed-up for a session only? For instance, if I am offering the same course every month from Jan - Dec, then how can I handle registered students per month (I can see them in face-to-face).

And to add to that question, I am trying to display the various F2F sessions that are available right on the course page.  There seems to be an option in (Face-to-Face Administration>Edit Settings>Sessions Displayed on course page) with a drop down for the number of sessions to display, but when I select a number and disply the course, I only see the Title for the Face-to-Face, not all the session options.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Steph

In reply to Stephanie Powell

by Tony Jalali -

Hi Steph,

If I understood your question, chances are you have not added any session after you added the FTF activity to your course. Once you add the sessions, if you click on View All Sessions, you should see all sessions in a page.  

In reply to Tony Jalali

by Stephanie Powell -

Hi Tony,

I have added several sessions after adding the FTF activity; however, they still do not show on the course page, even if I have selected the option to show X number of sessions on the main course page.

Essentially, all that displays on my course page is the FTF Activity (mine is in the screenshot below and is called "Present With Power"

I'm looking to recreate what is on this screenshot in the FTF walk-through (see link), where they have links to all the available sessions on the course page.

http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Face-to-face_walk_through#The_links_to_the_FaceToFace_start_in_a_PowerPoint 

1. Thanks again for any assistance you can provide.