Students subscription to "global" forums on the first page, also open for external non-users

Students subscription to "global" forums on the first page, also open for external non-users

by Anders-Petter Andersson -
Number of replies: 0
Thanks for a fantastic system that is built in order to build relations between people, not for storing things on a server! Im using moodle for www.interactivesound.org where I have defined my own theme with my look and feel for a community website with both university courses and forums and info for companies, and arts people as target groups. The community goals and functions make my demands a bit broader and perhaps complex than the regular standard course moodle format.

I want to have a first page with ”global”forums that external people, not users, not enrolled students have access to, at the same time as students enrolled to specific courses with their local ”forums”are forced to have subscriptions also to the ”global” forums. Is this possible to achieve using the forums on the first page only, without having to create two courses, one for the outsiders and one for the students just using the possibilities of creating forums on the first page?

Related to my question is if it is possible to define a forum on the first page , or in a specific course and reuse the forum on another course, being able to call for that and refere to that in another course?

Cheers
Anders-Petter
Average of ratings: -