Picture of Marc Grober
Re: Moodle 2.0 vs EDU 2.0
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

bingo

Average of ratings: -
moi!!! it is what is is...
Re: Moodle 2.0 vs EDU 2.0
Group Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Marc, and Peter, I understand what you are getting at, and yes, there is the intellecutal laziness, if you like, of a Windoze user, which is where I get my perspective of how the word "intuitive" has become indistinct from "familiar" in the PC. 

Bottom line is that Moodle's days are numbered unless it lifts its game. OK, I know that Oz is a very small market, supplying probably less than 5% of Moodle's 60million odd users, not counting the sites not registered. However, if a product is successful in usurping Moodle, Blackboard, Sakai, D2L, killing Canvas before it gets established, wrecking EDU while in its infancy, in Australia, how long will it be before it reaches New Zealand, then east across the Pacific? If it gets into Europe, what is the main problem then? This is just business. It is not the product that is the threat, it is the idea the product represents. How long before someone picks up on it and pushes their product even further - it might already be happening.  

I doubt Moodle is ready to face this kind of competition, and unless it is brought to the attention of the devs, it is likely they will be standing there wondering if a Moodle 3.0 is even a remote possibility or unemployed or worse, they may even be unable to be upgraded. I love my Moodle, but it will be taken away from me, and that makes me unhappy. What is worse, Marc, the people I might have to fight are not those on the other side, but those with whom I should be aligned with. Either way, I am bound to lose, but Don Quixote has always been my hero..smile

Average of ratings: -