Question Bank Permissions

Question Bank Permissions

by Bryan Dugan -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all,

I have a Chemistry course called "Chem 1A Flipped", and it contains many quizzes and activities.

About a year back I started to import questions and organize them in order to use them in my quizzes.  What I did accidentally was import all of my questions to the "Default for Chem" public category under the Category: Science master category instead of the Course: Chem1A Flipped master category.

I am now concerned that my questions are open to editing by any teacher in the science department.  I would like to find out if there is a way for me to restrict editing on my questions or their categories.

I thought that I could simply batch copy them from their current category to the other category, but moodle seems to lack that feature.  I can only export and then import, which causes me to lose all subcategories.

Is there a way for me to copy these questions to their correct category?  If not can I restrict editing onthe questions or their categories somehow?

Thanks in advance, I have attached a screenshot of my category structure to provide some clarity.

categories

I want to try to get everything under "Category: Science > Default for Chem" either copied to "Course: Chem1A Flipped > Default for Chem1A"

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bryan Dugan

Re: Question Bank Permissions

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You should be able to move the questions, but that feature is currently broken: MDL-32245 (I really must find time to fix that.)

However, the suggested work-around given there works.

1. In the Settings navigation, go to Question bank -> Categories.
  2. Click on the name of the category "Default for Chem" to edit it. Rename it to something like "Default for Chem1A (new)"
  3. Create a new category called "Default for Chem" with parent Category: Chem -> Top.
  4. Click on the renamed category "Default for Chem1A (new)", and you should now be able to change the parent category to Course: Chem1A Flipped -> Top.