Conditional activities: Conditional activity based on completion not accessible

Conditional activities: Conditional activity based on completion not accessible

by Jonathan Rabson -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

In the settings, I have checked an option "When enabled, this lets you set conditions (based on date, grade, or completion) that control whether an activity or resource can be accessed."  However, in the actual activities, there's a place to set the conditions based on grade only.  There's NO place to restrict access based on completion (unlike in the screenshots that appear in the documentation).  I have upgraded to Moodle 2.3.2 and have enabled a number of different things in the administration settings based on the documentation, but still there's no place to restrict an activity based on the completion of another activity.  What am I missing?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jonathan Rabson

Re: Conditional activities: Conditional activity based on completion not accessible

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Have you:

• set conditional availabilty and completion in Advanced settings?
  • checked activity completion is available in the course itself
  • gone to the previous activity and stated how it should be completed (eg view. get a grade, post to a forum etc) and then gone to the current activity to see if the setting is available then?

Have a look at "An example of use" here http://docs.moodle.org/en/Using_Conditional_activities

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Conditional activities: Conditional activity based on completion not accessible

by Jonathan Rabson -

Ah thanks. I didn't know that there was a place where you have to enable it for the individual course.  It's showing up now.