Recording grades for "field exams"

Recording grades for "field exams"

by Darrel Tenter -
Number of replies: 2

Forgive me if this forum isn't the most appropriate place for this question, and please move it if necessary.

I'm trying to figure out how to record student grades for field exams. I have a set of job tests that are performed by the students in person with the trainer. Each has a different quantity of gradeable tasks. As little as 6 to as many as 20. Each task is trinary, as in "Completed successfully?" Y, N, or N/A. I provide the tests as PDF in the courses and the trainer prints them to record the tasks in the field.

What tool will allow the trainers to record the grades for these tests into the course? Ideally when the score is recorded for the gradebook a scan of the job test sheet could be attached to the activity. Also students shouldn't be able to "make an attempt" at these. So while I think I can build quizzes that match the field exam tasks, I don't think it's the most efficient use of time for trainers to manaully override the scores for each quiz.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Darrel Tenter

Re: Recording grades for "field exams"

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I think you should probably look at the Assginment module. There is a new version introduced in Moodle 2.3, which I have not spent much time playing with, but it is supposed to be pretty flexible.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Recording grades for "field exams"

by Darrel Tenter -

Thanks. I'll take a look at that, and maybe post this question on that forum too.