Adding power point presentation to 2.3

Adding power point presentation to 2.3

by Richard Palmer -
Number of replies: 7

Hi

Moodle 2.3

I'm trying to add a power point presentation in the form of a video to a course. I've converted the desired PPT presentation into flash using iSpringPro and the file/s have been saved. I now don't know what to dosad  How do I publish the video to my Moodle course please?

Many thanks R  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Palmer

Re: Adding power point presentation to 2.3

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

HI there. If you have a swf file then you could try uploading it using the "File" resource. That should work.  Alternatively you could add a "page" resource and then click the media icon and add your swf file that way so it will display embedded on the page. 

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Richard Palmer -

Hello Mary

Many thanks for your reply. I've tried both of your suggestions but to no avail. All I get is an elaborate icon/picture showing a % indicator. Presumably indicating that a/the is loading. When it reaches 100% nothing happens. I guess something is happening, unfortunately, the video does not display.

Thanks Rick

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I am not sure if I can help.

I assume that iSpringPro might be similar to the product, Articulate, that I have used.  Articulate creates a big bunch of files (around 75) from the one voice-on-PowerPoint file.  I have never tried uploading a big bunch of files like this directly into Moodle.  However, instead, what I do it to upload these to my own website, and then create a simple link in Moodle to the main startup file.  Might you have access to your own website, or a school website?  It might be easier doing it this way.  However, other people may be able suggest to you how to do this in Moodle.

Here is an example of one of my student's voice-on-PowerPoint presentations that I converted using Articulate, and it is on my website.  I will give you the URL so that you can more easily see its location.

http://www.rjerz.com/c/opsmgt/MBA670/Students/Operations%20at%20JDIS/player.html

By the way, my Moodle site is also on my same website at www.rjerz.com/moodle.  You can see its homepage, but you won't be able to enter it since I secure it.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Richard. I have got Ispring free and when I "publish" in my ppt ribbon I get a folder with 3 files - html, swf and something else. I have successfully uploaded the swf and got it working (I tried when you posted earlier) So can you say what files your iSpring pro makes? Also - I am wondering if your video was very big and therefore your swf file is very big too? If you let me know what files you have I might have another suggestion. I use ispring a lot but only the free version, although I have made SCORM packs from an upgraded version too.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Richard Palmer -

Hello Mary

The conversion using iSpring resulted in 5 files

1. Data File  - folder
  2. fixprompt  - JScript Script file 1K
  3. index - Chrome HTML doc 3KB
  4. power point presentation - Shockwave flash object 565KB
  5. presentation - XML - 58KB

The file I tried to upload to Moodle was 4. the Shockwave flash object

I have to say that I'm working from home and accessing my College server from my laptop and there could be a problem with the file handling. I'm next in College on Tuesday and I'll have another go from there. In the meantime many thanks for your efforts.

R

by Andrey Aderkin -

Hi, Richard!

You can add iSpring-generated course into Moodle as a Flash file or as a SCORM package.

1. If you want to upload a SWF file, you can generate an all-in-one flash movie. To do it, please open Publish dialog, check "All in one Flash file" option in General tab, uncheck "Generate HTML", then go to the Advanced tab and uncheck all checkboxes in the "Detach media content" group. In this case you'll get 1 SWF-file after conversion. then you can upload it to Moodle.

2. To create a SCORM package, please open the Publish dialog, select "LMS" as the publish destination in the left menu, enable the "Zip output" option, select the Learning Course tab and set the required course settings. iSpring will generate one zip-archive with your course inside. Add it to Moodle as a SCORM/AICC resource.

You can find the detailed instruction on how to upload an iSpring-generated course to Moodle here: http://www.ispringsolutions.com/articles/upload_to_moodle.html