What's wrong with the Sakai UI (and Moodle's as well)

Re: What's wrong with the Sakai UI (and Moodle's as well)

by Mike Churchward -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I think there's a number of issues that are being dealt with here. One is conversational flow and the dispaly thereof. And the second is tagging posts with additional information (meta-tagging?).

What I'm playing with now is how to set up forums so that there can be different sets of tagging available. As an example, a bug tracker would allow for tagging of a discussion as a whole - where the problem is, what type it is - and then tagging of posts - additional information, potential fix. A question and answer forum might want posts to be tagged as question, further info, response.

Getting this information hooked into the posts properly, along with linking the relationships, will allow us to start designing the informational display and the user interface.

I could see a forum format the collapses the posts like gmail, and allows me to quickly open and close them while I'm editing.

It would be great to have a personal scrapbook, that allows me to collect bits of information as I move through forums and other activities. These scraps would have appropriate informational ties back to their sources and would allow me to drop them into posts or other activities.

Anyway, lots of thinking still to do...