Windows server: Start moodle.exe closed automatically or blank when is about 20 students do online test

Windows server: Start moodle.exe closed automatically or blank when is about 20 students do online test

by Watson L -
Number of replies: 3

Dear all,

Thanks for this forum. I have already instal moodle 2.2 and its run well for just a few user (less than 5) make a connection simultantly, but if more than 5 students load the questions for the quiz simultantly, the start moodle.exe closed automatically or the screen is blank. I use windows 2003 server as the operating system. What's wrong with the server? please assist me.. thanks

Attachment Picture1.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Watson L

Re: Windows server: Start moodle.exe closed automatically or blank when is about 20 students do online test

by Alex Walker -

Those Windows packages are really designed to create a small Moodle for playing around with. Personally, I wouldn't use them for running a live site.

Look inside the folder you installed Moodle to. You might find a 'logs' folder with some useful information inside. You could also try the Windows Event Viewer. Some of the logs in there might have some useful information. Go to StartRun and type eventvwr

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Alex Walker

Re: Windows server: Start moodle.exe closed automatically or blank when is about 20 students do online test

by Watson L -

Thank you very much for your reply... so, it's better to use xampp control panel to run apache and mysql server rather than start moodle.exe?

In reply to Watson L

by Steve Kleine -

I'll repeat my tale of woe: XAMPP on Windows is utterly worthless. In our case, httpd.exe constantly crashed regardless of the optimizations and troubleshooting, apparently due to page loads. Quizzes - which seem to load more components for a web page than anything else - exacerbated the situation markedly.

We moved PHP, MySQL and the data and from XAMPP to IIS7 and it's been rock-solid ever since.

tl;dr: Runf rom XAMPP on Windows. It's just pain masquerading as a dev environment.