Gradebook

User Report and Order

Picture of John Hughes
User Report and Order

I posted the below in general problem forum- sorry - I should have posted it in this forum.

John

----------------------

We are using 2.3.2 and have just turned on course completion and activity tracking for one of our courses.

When I look at the user report in grade administration - the order of our quizzes in the user report looks strange. I would have expected the order of the grades/marks of the quizzes to be in the order that they are in the course. They are not. Broadly they are - but one sees some exceptions.

So for instance we have an exam at the very end of the course - but in the user report the exam results is shown at the top of the user report.

Is there anyway of changes this - or is it a "bug"

John

Picture of John Hughes
Re: User Report and Order

I have looked into this a bit more. It could be that there is only one quiz that is out of order and that is the first one. We have lots of quizes and tests throughout the course and then a final mock exam.  The grade for the final exam, for some reason, is being shown at the top of the user report. Now the only differences in terms of configuration for the exam are:

- we have a time limit

- Setting the "Attempts must be submitted"

So not sure what is going wrong.

Attached is a screen shot

Picture of John Hughes

Is no one else seeing this?

If this is a bug - how does one go around to submitting a bug report?

John

Picture of Brian Peat

This could be related to the post I made:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=218646

I noticed the grades to not reorder themselves based on the course, and I think they SHOULD stay in the course order. If you read my post you'll see I figured out a fix in the db, but I'm now being very careful as I create a course and am checking the grading order as I work on the course. As long as it's a BRAND NEW course, I know there are no ID numbers after the assignments I'm working on, so I've been able to reorder when it happens, but if it's an older course, it simply will NOT reorder.