TEX and algebra filter problem

by venkatesan iyengar -
Number of replies: 4
Working with Linux +Apahce
PHP=4.3.11
PERL=5.8.4
MYSQL=4.0.24-standard
Moodle v1.4.4
I loaded the moodle with fantastico running under cpanel build 10.1.0-CURRENT 7. Intially the tex and algebra filte worked. However, after some time the following errors has started showing up. Eventhough similar problems are already posted here, i could not solve this problem. The command line response on debug shows the following errors:

Notice: Undefined variable: status in /home/venkates/public_html/course/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 129

Warning: system() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/venkates/public_html/course/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 129

Warning: shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/venkates/public_html/course/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 143

Notice: Undefined variable: status in /home/venkates/public_html/course/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 144
The shell command
"/home/venkates/public_html/course/filter/tex/mimetex.linux" -e "/home/venkates/public_html/course/uploaddata/filter/tex/74c2b66b2d2501b77fad711fd1febcf0.gif" '\Large f(x)=\Bigint_{-\infty}^x~e^{-t^2}dt'
returned status =

Notice: Undefined variable: status in /home/venkates/public_html/course/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 145

Notice: Undefined variable: status in /home/venkates/public_html/course/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 147

Notice: Undefined variable: status in /home/venkates/public_html/course/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 149
File size of mimetex executable /home/venkates/public_html/course/filter/tex/mimetex.linux is 760158
The file permissions are: 100775
The md5 checksum of the file is 06b8db764f0eded2edbbad09a716fa40
Image not found!

The algebra filter showed the following error:
Warning: shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/venkates/public_html/course/filter/algebra/filter.php on line 163

Please help
Average of ratings: -
In reply to venkatesan iyengar

Re: TEX and algebra filter problem

by Zbigniew Fiedorowicz -
Warning: system() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/venkates/public_html/course/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 129

Warning: shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/venkates/public_html/course/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 143

Your service provider has disabled those features of php which allow the filters to be used. If you can't persuade your provider to reenable these, find another provider.
In reply to Zbigniew Fiedorowicz

Re: TEX and algebra filter problem

by venkatesan iyengar -
Thanks for your prompt reply. Is the same reason why tex filter is not working?
Let me try to talk to my sevice provider.
Once agin thanks for your prompt reply
thanks