General add-ons

Picture of Francois Evans
Limiting Student Bookings in MRBS

We are allowing students to book rooms in MRBS, but some are booking more hours than they are allowed.

Is there a way of:

(i) limiting the number of hours a student can book in MRBS,

(ii) preventing them from making too many bookings in advance and

(iii) preventing them from making bookings too far in advance?

With kind thanks,

François.

Average of ratings: -
Davo
Re: Limiting Student Bookings in MRBS
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

i) No

ii) No

iii) The setting 'max advance days' allows you to limit how many days in advance *any* user can make bookings.

MRBS isn't designed to impose limits on the amount of time / bookings that a single user can make. I guess it would be possible to implement such limits.

Picture of Francois Evans

Thanks Davo.

...Hope these things are possible to implement, as they'd be useful to any educational establishment where students may be apt to over-book.

FE

Davo
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Most features are 'possible' to implement. How soon they are implemented comes down to whether you are wanting to pay for my (or another developer's) time to implement them, or whether you want to open an issue on tracker.moodle.org and wait until I (or someone else) has a bit of spare time to work on it.

In this instance, there is also a question of how the limitations would be applied - would you want to define a new limited role that was only allowed to book a certain number of hours / individual bookings (with the limitations in question being set on the global settings page) or would you want to apply those same limitations to all (non-admin?) bookers? The actual code for the limitation would be fairly simple, it is the extra settings / capabilities / etc. which add to the time taken.