Limiting Student Bookings in MRBS

Limiting Student Bookings in MRBS

by Francois Evans -
Number of replies: 3

We are allowing students to book rooms in MRBS, but some are booking more hours than they are allowed.

Is there a way of:

(i) limiting the number of hours a student can book in MRBS,

(ii) preventing them from making too many bookings in advance and

(iii) preventing them from making bookings too far in advance?

With kind thanks,

François.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francois Evans

Re: Limiting Student Bookings in MRBS

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

i) No

ii) No

iii) The setting 'max advance days' allows you to limit how many days in advance *any* user can make bookings.

MRBS isn't designed to impose limits on the amount of time / bookings that a single user can make. I guess it would be possible to implement such limits.

In reply to Davo Smith

by Francois Evans -

Thanks Davo.

...Hope these things are possible to implement, as they'd be useful to any educational establishment where students may be apt to over-book.

FE

In reply to Francois Evans

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Most features are 'possible' to implement. How soon they are implemented comes down to whether you are wanting to pay for my (or another developer's) time to implement them, or whether you want to open an issue on tracker.moodle.org and wait until I (or someone else) has a bit of spare time to work on it.

In this instance, there is also a question of how the limitations would be applied - would you want to define a new limited role that was only allowed to book a certain number of hours / individual bookings (with the limitations in question being set on the global settings page) or would you want to apply those same limitations to all (non-admin?) bookers? The actual code for the limitation would be fairly simple, it is the extra settings / capabilities / etc. which add to the time taken.