Security and privacy

Picture of Joe Behymer
Allow view-only access to user list

I am looking for some help setting up a system role to allow student services staff to view a list of all users and see their last access date without giving them the ability to modify/delete users. 

So far, I have created a new role that gives them view access to other user's grades, assignments, etc and have selected "Delete Users" under define system roles. This allows them to view the list of users under Site Administration > Users > Accounts > Browse List of Users.

The drawback of this is that it also enables them to delete user accounts. Does anyone know of a way to allow staff to see usernames and last access time without giving them authority to delete users? 

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Emma Richardson
Re: Allow view-only access to user list
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Ok, I am a little confused.  You say you gave them permission to delete users but then say you don't want them to have that permission!  Block their access to Delete Users. Just select View Participants instead. That should allow them to see what they need.

Picture of Joe Behymer

This view does not allow them to filter by role. For example, they need to be able to see staff users that have not logged in for a while, or never. 

Picture of Petras Purlys

This still remains a very frustrating problem. Any news perhaps?