Welcome email to student when enrolling using external db sync

Welcome email to student when enrolling using external db sync

by Rob Mantel -
Number of replies: 4

I have the external database enrolment setup, and the sync job running, and everything seems to work, but what I need to happen is a notification being sent to the student to tell them to take the course.

I have searched in the admin settings, and searched the forums, but I can't seem to find out how to make that happen.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Rob

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rob Mantel

Re: Welcome email to student when enrolling using external db sync

by ciaran oco -

Hi Rob - did you ever solve this? There appears to be no option with external databae to enable welcome message sending but there is this option for manual methods\enrolment?

Would appreciate any input on this. Moodle verson 2.53.

Tx

Ciaran

In reply to ciaran oco

by ciaran oco -

I found a solution. it related to the setting for password. I had it set to open format from external database. Once I changed it to internal from the Moodle it righted itself and the mails started to issue. Conclusion: Moodle can only\will only issue enrolment \ welcome mail if it controls the password operation.

tx

Ciaran

In reply to ciaran oco

by m question -

hi

what do you mean by control password operation?how to change it to open format ? and what open format means?

do your enrolment allow to change password after sync users ?

I am really sorry but I have this problem and I could not fix it

thanks

In reply to m question

by NCU TechCrew -

I am trying to accomplish the same thing - email the students when they are externally enrolled from our database. Has a solution been found? I can't find anything about the password help suggested.