Error: could not add new variable XXXXX !

Error: could not add new variable XXXXX !

by Amer Shaban -
Number of replies: 3
Hey all,

Ok I'm new in using moodle, and I did the installation on my local machine first as a trial, everything worked except some slight problems. But when I installed it on my windows 2000 server with php 5 and mySQL. Everything went fine until I reach the config.php phase of admin.
It shows the list of variables, but when I click save changes It gives me the following error
Error: could not add new variable framename !
Error: could not add new variable fullnamedisplay !

then it goes back to the config.php page. Any suggestions would be really appreciated before I reinstall everything from scratch.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Amer Shaban

Re: Error: could not add new variable XXXXX !

by Penny Leach -
When did you download moodle? It may be due to a bug introduced a few days ago which is now fixed. Also which version are you using?

In reply to Penny Leach

by Amer Shaban -
Well I downloaded 1.4.4 6 days ago could that be a problem?
In reply to Amer Shaban

by Martin Mart -

I had the same problem with version 1.4.3 and 1.4.4. (FreeBSD over internet).

I hadn´t any problems with local installation in Mandrake or Windows (minixxamp) using the same versions. Function excelent!

Sometimes the extension of the downloaded file didn´t match: ex. file.tar.tar.

Sometimes using the tar.gz file, expanded locally (windows) and uploaded to server via FTP shows problems with .sql files: the installation couldn´t find them; the reason is when expanding locally the compressed file, files with length=0 (this .sql´s) they don´t apear. Solution: use zip format.

Hope this help.

PD: i couldn´t install any version of Moodle in my internet server provider (FreeBSD); the program stucks on installation: blank pages, now this kind of errors.

I started it using local installation, upload the database and restore on the server (phpMyAdmin). The program starts, but i can´t save anything: "serious internal error". Apache error logs: nothing related. I think it sth related to server and their deep configurations.

Martin