Response File Not Visible

Response File Not Visible

by Samantha Ashton -
Number of replies: 9

Hi,

One of our tutors at College have informed us of a problem within the Assignment Feedback area.

Our tutors, mark the students uploaded assignment, and make changes to the document and also make notes within the document. They then upload this to the "Response file" section of "Feedback" within the assignment.

However, he has noticed that if he doesn't write anything in the feedback box, his document won't be displayed. He doesn't need to write in the feedback box, as all his comments are within the file.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Sam

Attachment ian-whittaker-vle-problem.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Samantha Ashton

Re: Response File Not Visible

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Samantha. Which version of Moodle are you using? I see there was a tracker issue for this here relating to Advanced uploading of files assignment MDL-16553

by ben reynolds -

This was a known bug in 1.9+, but it seems to have been cured as of 2.2.1

In reply to ben reynolds

by Bob Ridge-Stearn -
Agreed. We had this issue but have noticed recently that it has disappeared. We're on 2.2.3 Bob

by Erica Vail -

I'm on Moodle 2.5 and I am still seeing a problem where students cannot view response files.  They can open the assignment and see their file submission, but the response file is not there.  It doesn't happen in every course or for all assignments.  I'm trying to find a pattern, and that will most likely tell me where the root of the problem lies.  Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted so that the file is visible?  Or is this still an issue even in the later versions of Moodle?

In reply to Erica Vail

by ben reynolds -

Have you done "view source" to see if the html for the link is there and just not showing? In erratic behavior, I always suspect that page hasn't finished loading and therefore the html has broken. That's because there is no way to turn off feedback files for one person and not another in the same assignment.

Another possibility might be to look at the filenames for the invisible files. Are they complete with no spaces or odd characters? Many servers do not like special characters in filenames.

And a third question. Can the graders see the files even though the students cannot?

And a fourth question. It isn't clear to me whether this happens for everybody in one assignment but for nobody in another assignment.

In reply to ben reynolds

by Erica Vail -

The instructor could see the files, but the student's couldn't see them.  It was happening for all students in a few assignments.  I found that, while the assignments were visible to students on the course page, they were hidden in the grade book.  If grades are hidden in the grade book, the response files will also be hidden.  The problem has been resolved.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)