Security and privacy

Picture of Marcus Green
Re: Moodle Site Malware infected - please help!
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

When you say "when you are logged in", have you tried logging in with another account to see if it is account related?

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Emma Richardson
Another user has experienced the same thing so it is not account related, unless it is somehow connected to the authenticated user role.

Picture of Emma Richardson
I am going to post how I was able to track this down for anyone that had this problem. I opened the Front Page and went to View Source. Then I searched for loading-resource (the offending script in question.) For me the script appeared between two of my course listings. I went to the course directly above the script and found that the course was infected as well. In the course, I also viewed source and found and deleted all three instances of the script. I also then changed the password of the offending teacher(!!) and notified her. I will keep an eye on it but hope this maybe helps someone else.

Picture of Gary Lebowitz

Hi Emma, I am having a problem related to links, but not related to the ads mentioned in some of the posts above. I am also using 2.3.2 and in the instructions to a quiz I have the words Discussion Forum and the headings of several of my resources. These are in blue and appear to be hypertext links, though I never wished to link them to anything and if I go into the text editor I see no HTML code showing there should be links here. What the lines send me to are other parts of the site vaguely related to, say, the Discussion Forum. But not necessarily. I also noticed when trying to edit the intro to the quiz paragraph on a Windows 7 machine with IE 9 a message at the bottom telling me there was a "long script" trying to execute and asking me if I'd like to kill it or something along those lines. Any idea what's going on here? I should mention that my course was transferred from another domain in I believe a slightly earlier version (though I'm not 100% certain about the version, perhaps it was the same). Any ideas what's up. Might my site be infected by whatever the others are talking about above or what you did? And the question is what to do about this. It's almost so bad that I'm tempted to change the wording in the quiz to avoid the unwanted links (which does work!), but that is very difficult in some cases. 

Mary Cooch
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

I gave you a suggestion in this forum post here https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=221828#p965347