Add New Block

Add New Block

by Tareque Chowdhury -
Number of replies: 7

I just installed my Moodle. How can I add new block on my moodle site? Please help me.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tareque Chowdhury

Re: Add New Block

by Daymy Tamayo -
I have the same problem, if you already have the answer please contact me: daymy.tamayo@facinf.uho.edu.cu

Thank´s

by Azali Saudi -

Just press the button Turn Editing On on your top right corner. It should now read Turn Editing Off and you will see a new block at the right bottom. In this new block, you can select any new block.

-azali-
www.azali.biz

by Arthur Manning -
I had the same problem. The add block appears with edit mode turned on, but nothing happens when I select a block to add. I often try different browsers when I encounter puzzles like this, and sure enough, it works with IE 6 instead of my favorite Firefox 1.0.3. I suspect scripting differences, since I have javascript disabled due to a critical vulnerability just found. When I select a block, it indeed gets added as I expected.
In reply to Arthur Manning

by John Papaioannou -
OK, I got around to testing finally. Two things:

1. You can upgrade to Firefox 1.0.4 and enable your Javascript again smile
  2. As per standard Moodle practice, the "add block" dropdown has a "Go" button next to it when Javascript is off. Doesn't it appear for you?

Jon
In reply to John Papaioannou

by Summiya Abbasi -

plz tell me how to add a new block. i am also facing a same problem so plz tell me in deatail bcz whan i select "add" nothing is hapening plz tell me sad what to do sad

In reply to Summiya Abbasi

by Joachim Vogelgesang -

Maybe you´ve done a php upgrade to 5.3, if yes this might be the solution for you:

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-19980

That also happened to me; as a precaution I had to install a further php extension with simultaneous change of php to 5.3 for later upgrade of Moodle to 2.0. Since that time I wasn´t able to add any block.