chatd.php daemon is stopped

chatd.php daemon is stopped

by daniel --- -
Number of replies: 2
 Hi,

I have installed moodle 1.4.4 and I have download chat module version 1.4.x, which, the file chatd.php version is 1.13.2.12. My OS is debian testing with version kernel 2.4.25, my version server mysql is 4.0.23 and version server php is 4.3.10. My problem is that when I execute the chat daemon is stopped in line "include (../../config.php)", however, this same daemon I have executed in other machine with the same features and it working well. The only difference between both files (config.php of machine that works well and config.php of machine that works bad) is that first config.php exists the following line: $CFG->respectsessionsetting=true. I have verified who the chat daemon is stopped in line "include_once ("$CFG->dirroot/lib/setup.h");

I do not understand what it is happening here.

PD: No firewall set up.

Thank you very much.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to daniel ---

Re: chatd.php daemon is stopped

by daniel --- -
the chatd.php daemon is stooped in line (/lib/setup.h):
"if (!isset($CFG->dbpersist) or !empty($CFG->dbpersist)) { // Use persistent connection (default)
$dbconnected = $db->PConnect($CFG->dbhost,$CFG->dbuser,$CFG->dbpass,$CFG->dbname); "
... From here chatd daemon do nothing. Single I seem the message " Moodle chat daemon v1.0 on PHP 4.3.10-9 ($Id: chatd.php,v 1.13.2.12 2005/04/01 05:33:21 martinlanghoff Exp $)";
In reply to daniel ---

Re: chatd.php daemon is stopped

by daniel --- -
The chatd daemon is stopped in line (/moodle/lib/adodb/drivers/mysql.inc.php):

if (ADODB_PHPVER >= 0x4300)
   $this->_connectionID = mysql_pconnect($argHostname,$argUsername,$argPassword,$this->clientFlags);

The mysql_pconnect function is stopped and return nothing (no false, no idconnection).